A great Fall dish, full of rich caramelized flavour from the roasted vegetables. This is a good one to bring to potluck style dinner or lunch get-togethers.
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad
Write a review
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup filtered water + water for rinsing quinoa
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, crescents
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, halved and stalks trimmed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup + 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat over to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Rinse quinoa in filtered water and drain.
- Place quinoa and filtered water in heavy bottomed sauce pan with lid. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until water is absorbed. Fluff quinoa with fork and let cool.
- Toss all vegetables in olive oil and salt and pepper, spread out on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake until vegetables are soft and caramelized, about 40 minutes. Chop roasted garlic into smaller pieces.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic glaze, salt and pepper.
- Combine quinoa, roasted vegetables, cranberries and toasted pistachios in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing, combine all ingredients and serve.
- Toasted almonds, walnuts or pecans also work great with this recipe.
- Can serve either warm or at room temperature.
- Vegan and gluten free.