This fresh summertime dish can be served as a salsa or salad. Beans add protein and bulk, helping to keep you satisfied for longer.
Pinto Bean Salsa/Salad
Write a review
- 1 cup pinto beans
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced finely
- 1/2 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak pinto beans in filtered water over night.
- Boil pinto beans in fresh water until soft, 45 - 60 minutes.
- Bring 1 cup of filtered water to a boil, add corn kernels and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips, as a filling for tacos or burritos or as a salad.
- Vegan and gluten free.