A sweet and spicy marinade that uses fresh clementine juice, spicy sambal and fresh cilantro to build flavour. This recipe is great for tofu or tempeh.
Sweet and Spicy Tofu
Write a review
- Juice and zest of 2 organic clementines
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp Sambal Oelek - Red Chili Paste
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 block extra firm organic tofu
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Drain tofu and wrap in kitchen towel, weigh down with book or canned good to expel any excess liquid.
- Combine clementine juice and zest, garlic, ginger, sambal, sesame oil, cilantro and salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Cut tofu into triangles and toss with marinade, let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Place tofu and marinade in saute pan over medium - high heat.
- Continue to heat tofu and marinade until marinade thickens and evaporates. Let tofu brown. Remove from heat and serve.
- Tofu is great served over a salad or with brown rice.