A comforting, remind you of your childhood banana bread recipe.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Write a review
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (can substitute spelt, rice, oat or regular all purpose flour)
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other nut milk
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cream together vegan margarine and sugar.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, bananas, almond milk, vanilla and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and combine.
- Divide batter into greased mini-loaf pan, muffin pan or loaf pan.
- If using the mini-loaf pan cooking time is about 20 minutes, for muffin pan about 15 minutes and a loaf pan about 45 minutes. You'll know they are finished when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.